Please note, when you take a look at both the “Difficulty” and “Time Required” section of Getting Free Tickets to Late Show with David Letterman, please realize that those categories reflect the ease of requesting tickets and the length of time it takes to request tickets.
Obtaining tickets or a reservation to a taping can take much longer. In the case of some shows, it can take months – even years. After all, most shows have a ton of fans and the tickets are free.
Time Required: No more than 15 minutes
- Choose your method of acquisition: online, in person or stand-by.
- Online? Visit Late Show with David Letterman's official Online Ticket Form
- Fill out form. Be sure you know a bit about the show. You'll be expected to answer a trivia question correctly in order to obtain two tickets to the show.
- In person? Follow this link for more information. But, in short, submit your request in the Late Show lobby, 1697 Broadway, New York, NY.
- In-person submissions accepted Monday through Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., weekends 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please do not line up before 9 a.m.
- Stand-by? Call (212) 247-6497, at 11 a.m. on the day you wish to attend.
- Check in at the theater no later than 1 hour before taping. Once allocated seats are gone, they're gone.
- If submitting request in person, DO NOT line up before 9 a.m.
- Tickets awarded randomly. Notification is by phone. When signing up online, you must be able to answer a trivia question about the show. You could be notified the day you request your tickets up to the day before the taping of the show.
- Request tickets once every six months.
- Already attended a show? Wait six months to submit next request.
- The stand-by ticket phone line remains open only until roster is filled.
What You Need:
- Government-issued picture ID with birth date and mailing address.
- Must be 18 years old to attend a taping.
- DON'T take: cell phone, pager, camera, or any recording devices.
Looking for "Live on Letterman" concert tickets?
- Note that Late Show does not hand out "Live on Letterman" tickets
- Tickets are most often available from the bands, either via their website or fan club