Elisabeth Hasselbeck was Born …:
… on May 28, 1977, in Cranston, Rhode Island. A true “Alex P. Keaton,” Elisabeth, a political conservative, was raised by liberal parents.
Growing up with Elisabeth:
After high school graduation (she attended St. Mary Academy – Bay View in Rhode Island), Elisabeth attended Boston College. While there she worked as a shoe designer for Puma.
Elisabeth’s First Job & The Early Years:
She’s best known for her work as a shoe designer, but Elisabeth’s introduction to television came before her big break on Survivor. In 1999, Elisabeth hosted Stylemakers on the Style Network, and continued as host of The Look for Less in 2002 and 2003.
Becoming a Talk Show Host:
Elisabeth was among a number of guests filling in – and trying out – for the co-host position left vacant by outgoing View co-host Lisa Ling. A bit of foreshadowing about her eventual hiring may have come when the other co-hosts selected their new team mate through a Survivor-style “Tribal Council.”
She has established herself as the decidedly young – and particularly conservative – voice on The View, often turning conversations on their head.
What Does the Future Hold?:
Elisabeth remains dedicated to the show and her family. She was recently asked to participate on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, but declined in order to exclusively focus on her work with The View and her charitable work with organizations like Habitat for Humanity and the Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Foundation.
And Just for Fun:
- Was captain of her Boston College softball team.
- Is married to New York Giants quarterback Tim Hasselbeck, brother of Seattle Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. The have two children.
- Made it to the final four on Survivor: The Australian Outback before hearing those fateful words: “The tribe has spoken.”
- Spoke during the 2004 Republican National Convention.
- Crowned "the worst interviewer on television" by a multiple choice survey from AOL. The other choices in the poll were Tyra Banks, Dr. Phil, Larry King and Meredith Vieira.
As the seemingly lone conservative voice on The View, often mixes it up with her co-hosts.