So when you read below that requesting tickets is “easy” and takes “less than five minutes,” realize that the process is easy. Actually getting tickets takes – believe it or not – some amount of luck.
- Tickets to Oprah are handed out via a lottery system. To get in on the lottery, you must first become a member of Oprah.com.
- Once you are a member, you can submit a reservation request during the reservation window period. Find out when the reservation window is opening by visiting the ticket section of Oprah.com.
- Be ready to supply the names and ages of everyone in your party. You must be 18 years old to attend.
- Once the window closes, ticket receivers will be selected randomly. No first come, first served here. No matter when you submit your request, you have an equal chance of obtaining tickets based on the number of requests received.
- When the window closes, lucky ticket requesters will be emailed within 24 hours.
- Selected? Great! Now confirm your reservation within 48 hours to secure your spot. Instructions will be in the email.
- Tickets will not be sent to you. All the information you need to attend your taping will be included in a follow-up verification email.
- If you do not receive tickets, you are free to request again during the next reservation window. But you may only attend one taping a season.
- Reservations are not guaranteed due to schedule changes and cancellations that could happen at any time.
- Oprah’s season typically runs August to May, with no weekend tapings. Tapings vary during the week.
- Everyone in your party must be 18 years old and supply a valid government ID when entering the studio.
- The show tapes at Harpo Studios in Chicago. There is a clearly marked audience entrance located at 1058 W. Washington Blvd., at the corner of Carpenter and Washington streets
- Typically, Oprah tapes twice a day. Arrival for the morning taping is between 7 and 7:30 a.m. Arrival time for the afternoon taping is between 11 and 11:30 a.m. Expect to stay at least three hours for each taping.
- Don’t wear all-white or all-beige clothing. Bright colors look best. You cannot bring out outerwear, cameras, cell phones or recording devices into the studio. Leave them behind or check them before entering the studio.
- Call to cancel reservations at least 48 hours in advance. If you don’t, you will not be able to request reservations for the remainder of that season.
What You Need
- Valid identification with a photo.
- Eat beforehand, as there is no available food service.
- Avoid wearing beige or white clothing (it is too reflective).
- No cameras, recorders, cell phones, pagers, and so forth will be allowed in the
- Everyone attending the show must go through a security check.