Title: The Revolution
Hosts: Ty Pennington, Tim Gunn, Jennifer Ashton, Harley Pasternak and Tiffanie Davis.
Format: One-hour talk show combining topical discussion with medical and education and lifestyle advice.
Broadcast information: Airs at 2 p.m. ET on ABC
Tapes: Chelsea Studios, New York, NY
Premiere Date: January 16, 2012
ABC is pairing its newer ensemble talk show, The Chew, with its newest ensemble talk show, The Revolution, creating a daytime schedule filled with ensemble talk shows (if you toss in The View).
Similar to both The View and The Chew, The Revolution brings together a group of professionals to discuss hot topics and new trends with celebrity guests and viewer participants. The Revolution focuses on health and lifestyle trends, helping viewers realize transformations along all life's paths. From it's official website at ABC, the show says it will help improve "your physical and emotional well-being, fashion, family, home design, personal finance, food, jobs and more."
One of the show's first segments will include a daily segment that follows and individual's five-month weight-loss journey. The twist is that each daily segment will cover one month - and each new week will unveil a new individual and his or her journey. Every Friday, the individual will join the show for an in-studio reveal. The segment is meant to be a motivator for viewers trying to do the same - or trying to reach any type of goal.
Meet The Revolution's Co-Hosts:
This new wave of ensemble talk shows typically includes a handful of celebrity experts. The Revolution brings to television two of the most popular, Ty Pennington and Tim Gunn.
- Ty Pennington: Pennington is best known as the host of ABC's former Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Pennington - real name Gary Tygert Bruton - grew up in Atlanta and Marietta, Ga., where he learned woodworking at an early age. He graduated from the Art Institute of Atlanta, where he began modeling professionally in his final semester. Pennington combined his design and carpentry skills with his interest in film and television and began designing and building movie sets. That turned into his breakthrough role on The Learning Channel's Trading Spaces. Pennington's role on The Revolution is to share his design expertise and offer encouragement and support. He will essentially act as the show's main host and moderator.
- Tim Gunn: A staple on Lifetime TV's Project Runway reality series, Gunn is The Revolution's style genius. He promises "good style" for "any body shape, at affordable prices." Gunn sports true bona fides, as former faculty of Parsons The New School for Design, where he served as chair of fashion design at the school from August 2000 to March 2007. He moved on to become Liz Claiborne's chief creative officer. He was born and raised in Washington, D.C.
- Harley Pasternak: Pasternak is personal trainer to the stars, having worked with Lady Gaga, Hilary Duff and Katy Perry, to name a few. He created the well-known 5-Factor Fitness diet, which focuses on brief, but effective, fitness programs. The programs revolve around the number five - five-ingredient meals, five times a day, with five-minute exercise sets sprinkled throughout the day. He'll be the show's diet and fitness guru. Pasternak holds a masters degree in Exercise Physiology and Nutritional Sciences from the University of Toronto, among other degrees.
- Dr. Jennifer Ashton: Physician and author, Ashton comes from a medical family. Her father was a cardiologist and her mother was a registered nurse. And her husband, Dr. Robert Ashton, Jr., is a surgeon. Ashton has written a number of popular health books, including The Body Scoop for Girls, and has worked as a medical contributor for Fox News Channel, PBS and The Dr. Oz Show. She'll serve as The Revolution's chief medical officer.
- Dr. Tiffanie Davis Henry: Davis Henry is a therapist and relationship expert and will act as the show's helper to the heart. She'll focus on emotional well-being and how to get the most out of interpersonal and intimate relationships. Davis Henry owns Intimate Details, a individuals and couples relationship and sex therapy practice in Atlanta, Ga. She received her bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and her masters in professional counseling at Argosy University in Atlanta. Her doctoral degree in human sexuality education comes from Widener University in Chester, Penn.