Jimmy was Born:
... James Thomas Fallon, Jr., on Sept. 19, 1974, in Brooklyn, N.Y. He’s the son of Gloria and Jimmy Fallon, Sr. And he has a sister named Gloria.
Growing Up with Jimmy:
... was growing up with Saturday Night Live. It was in his blood, as he and his sister would re-enact skits for friends and family. But allegedly only the skits their parents deemed appropriate.
He attended St. Mary of the Snow Elementary and Saugerties High School, graduating in 1992. At the College of Saint Rose in Albany, N.Y., Jimmy was a computer science major, though he purportedly has not garnered his bachelor’s. The major may have influenced his “Annoying IT Guy” character on Saturday Night Live.
The Early Years:
Retail jobs paid the bills while Jimmy studied comedy at the Groundlings Theater in L.A. His sketch work on the West Coast got the attention of producers of SNL, and he flew East to make it or break it. The rest is history, as Jimmy became one of the most popular cast members during his 1999 to 2004 run.
He left to pursue a movie career, which has seen only a smattering of success with films like Fever Pitch and Taxi. Jimmy found a wider audience with his hilarious run as host of the MTV Movie Awards.
Becoming a Talk Show Host:
In late 2007, NBC awarded Fallon with a contract that married the comedian with the network – and started the rumor that Jimmy would succeed Conan O’Brien as host of Late Night. That rumor was confirmed in April 2008 and made official in May.
And Just for Fun:
- Is married to Drew Barrymore’s producing partner, Nancy Juvonen.
- Acted out Saturday Night Live skits with his sister when they were kids.
- Fulfilled a life-long dream by joining the cast of SNL in 1998 (becoming a featured player in 1999).
- Is an author, with his sister, penning the tome I Hate This Place: The Pessimist’s Guide to Life.
- Took over as host of Late Night on March 2, 2009.