1. Entertainment
Thomas Tennant

‘Anderson Live’ Cancelled; Is Bethenny Frankel’s New Talk Show to Blame?

By November 6, 2012

By now you've heard that Anderson Cooper's talk show Anderson Live was cancelled last week by Telepictures, a subsidiary ofWarner Bros., though it will continue through summer 2013. But is it possible that the reason Telepictures pulled the plug on Cooper is because of Bethenny Frankel?

This summer, Frankel did a test run of a possible daytime talk show, titled Bethenny, on a few select FOX TV stations. It went gangbusters, apparently, and is set to debut across the country in 2013.

Except the daytime landscape is chock full of talk shows. And with no space for a new show to debut, it can't, well, debut.

So the fact that Anderson Live and Bethenny are both produced by Telepictures makes one scratch his chin. Is Telepictures making way for Bethenny?

What do you think? Were you a fan of Anderson Live? Will you watch Bethenny? Let us know in the comments section.

Comments

November 12, 2012 at 9:51 am
(1) Diane Waldron says:

This is sad. Love Anderson. A lot can happen between now and the summer. I hope telepictures rethinks what is sure to be a bad decision.

November 12, 2012 at 8:18 pm
(2) olga greem says:

Please leave Anderson on, we love his show I don’t think it’s fair at all to replace him with this other person, you will lose a few viewers

November 13, 2012 at 4:14 pm
(3) pat Scott says:

sad.. great show.. informative and funny.. cant believe they cancelled it.. another money decision I am thinking.

November 13, 2012 at 8:28 pm
(4) marylou dudley says:

I love Anderson live and look forward to watching it everyday. I won’t watxch Behany.

November 19, 2012 at 11:12 am
(5) olga greem says:

I love Anderson please leave him on, he has a most informative and great show, I won’t be watching the other one so you will lose our household

November 20, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(6) Maria Thomasand says:

I can not belive such a great show will get cancelled.Anderson show is informative and fun to watch.
Can we get rid of Telepictures? Well what can we do to keep his show on the
air.

November 30, 2012 at 5:53 pm
(7) Judy says:

I am very disappointed to hear about Anderson Cooper’s show being dropped. The show is overall superior to the other talk/interview shows presently on air. He often seems to focus on admirable people who do admirable things. There is a mixture of entertainment & more serious coverage. The show most often makes me feel that maybe the world isn’t so terrible & there are people who want to benefit others & improve.
I first became a fan of Anderson Cooper’s when I saw his coverage of the West Virginia mine cave in on CNN. He was a newscaster who had a heart. I was pleased to hear that he was going to have his own show.
I used to watch Oprah when I could, pretty much every day until she left the air. For me Anderson’s show replaced hers.
Emotionally troubled people, families & people fighting in public, people who are irresponsible & nasty do not interest me ……. these are the usual ‘ ain’t it awful’ guests on daytime television. They do not interest me.
Anderson informs & appeals to the better side of people, not their prurient sides,

December 11, 2012 at 1:29 am
(8) susan says:

I,m so upset.Anderson is the truly only down to earth talk show. He is

truthful and not looking to become a star. Cancelling Anderson show is

a GREAT BIG MISTAKE. I, so feed up with the garbage talk shows on

the air now. ( ex: who,s the babiees father,who,s sleeping with who,

sex, drugs etc. etc. I should have known better, that when a decent

informational nice person show came on it would be cancelled.. Get smart
telepictures there are smart people out there.

December 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm
(9) SH says:

Love Anderson hope they rethink. Love bethany too. But prefer Anderson’s new format.

January 6, 2013 at 8:36 pm
(10) Bernie Mackunis says:

So sorry Anderson would be cancelled and replaced for Ms. Frankel. She cried the blues all through her reality series and would be minus two seasons Bethenny Getting Married AND Bethenny ever after without Jason Hoppy. It’s a shame a young woman living in NYC with many male companions didn’t know how to prevent pregancy at age forty! She has No business dishing advice on any show on any subject. She’s a lame chef who plops cheese on a cracker and calls it cooking and pours a pre-mixed drink, for which she is dubbed a mogal. She may be successful in business but at what cost? Bethenny is a loser in life. Not one relationship she enters into lasts and the selfishness that consumes her by keeping Bryn form her grandparents. The grandparents only grandchild.

January 28, 2013 at 4:14 pm
(11) JiJi says:

I love watching Anderson Cooper! Please don’t cancel his show. It is an informative, fun, clean show. People seem drawn to him. He has alot of clout when it comes to getting celebrities to appear on his show. Hopefully, another company will take Telepictures place and continue the show.

Message to Telepictures – Bethanny Frankel is fun to watch on reality tv, but as far as hosting a talk show, she’ll make even less money for you than Anderson. Maybe the company that produces the trash show that Maury ‘whose-its’ hosts will wake up and retire him, and take on Anderson Cooper.

April 9, 2013 at 11:05 pm
(12) zumba says:
June 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm
(13) Patricia says:

Soooooooooo disappointed. I love watch Anderson live. No, I will not watch Bethany.

September 2, 2013 at 5:36 pm
(14) kathy says:

I am totally disappointed in the decision to cancel Anderson live. I really enjoy the show!!!!!:-) :-) :-) :-) . It’s interesting and really funny. I really enjoy seeing this side of Anderson Copper. Pleeeeeeeese bring the show back. It’s a really bad decision to cancel his show. I was saying how much I enjoyed this side of him and then I was told he was being cancelled. It’s upsetting that you get to watch a show that is so informative, from the heart and down to earth and then it’s gone. We need more shows like this. I don’t like the fact that when you have someone who has a feel good show gets cancelled. We need him back. Please do everything you can to bring him back.

September 11, 2013 at 9:47 am
(15) Cheech says:

Whoa, ABC traded a show that includes intelligent conversations, with a classy gentleman for tacky topics with a trashy broad. Guess we know who they think the audience is at that time of day! This isn’t a show I’ll watch.

October 25, 2013 at 10:15 pm
(16) dorothy laviolette says:

I LOVE ANDESON COOPER SHOE BWETHANNEY IS NO WAY NEAR HIMIN ANYAWYYAAAAAAA9 BRING HIM BACK PLESAE

December 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm
(17) Debby's says:

I love the Betthany show!!!!!