Talk show host Jimmy Fallon and pop star Justin Timberlake took to the Late Night stage the other night and gave the audience a rousing performance of "A History of Rap and Hip-Hop". (Check out hip-hop timeline from About Rap!)
The infectious medley, backed up by Fallon's house band The Roots, has gone viral. If you haven't seen video of the medley yet, you can be sure you will soon. (Or just follow the link and start doing the Humpty Dance.)
So the question is, what songs do they include? Here's a full list:
- Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight"
- Run DMC's "Peter Piper"
- Beastie Boys' "Paul Revere"
- A Tribe Called Quest's "Award Tour"
- Digital Underground's "Humpty Dance"
- Snoop Dogg's "Ain't Nutt'N But G Thang"
- Tupac's "California Love"
- The Notorious B.I.G's "Juicy"
- The Roots' "The Seed (2.0)"
- Eminem's "My Name Is (Slim Shady)"
- Missy Elliot's "Work It"
- Soulja Boy's "Crank That (Soulja Boy)"
- T.I. 's "Live Your Life"
- Kanye West's "Golddigger"
- Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State Of Mind"
Did they hit them all? Or are there some classics missing? Include your favorites in the comments section below!