1. Entertainment
Thomas Tennant

Who Is The Best Late Night Talk Show Host?

By February 24, 2008

In honor of Awards Show Season (we’ve had the Golden Globes, Grammys and last night’s mother of all award shows, the Oscars), About Talk Shows will survey readers far and wide, collecting answers to such burning questions as Who is the Best Late Night Talk Show Host? Results will be collected and published, first in the newsletter (if you haven’t signed up, now’s the time!) and then in the blog.

So here’s your choice to have your voice heard! Or at least the click of your mouse!

Comments

February 25, 2008 at 11:08 am
(1) phyll says:

but letterman is not funny except for the 10 things
you cannot beat jay for monologue
and I cannot help it I love craig ferguson…

March 21, 2009 at 4:18 pm
(2) paul says:

waht about Jon Stewart?

May 5, 2009 at 3:53 am
(3) mohanchhetri says:

letterman is the best late night talk show host period.
honorable mention.
2 conan
3 craig
4 stewart
5 kimmel
6 leno

June 3, 2009 at 12:51 am
(4) Sean Norman says:

1. Conan O’Brien (Such wacky antics)
2. Craig Ferguson (Probably tied with Conan)
3. Jay Leno (Wonderful monolouge, class act)
4. Jimmy Kimmel (Hit and miss)
5. Jimmy Fallon (Meh)
6. David Letterman (Rarely ever funny)
7. Spike Fersten (Has yet to make me laugh)
8. Carson Daly (What a fucking flammer)

Conan, Craig and Jay are all great. I haven’t a bad thing to say about either one of them. Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon have there moments. Letterman sucks, I just don’t see how people can find him funny. I bet his primary audience is 40+. I think that Ferguson should take over Letterman’s show. He is MUCH funnier. Spike is barely notable. I fucking HATE Carson Daly! What a waste of sperm. Fox News is funnier than Carson fucking Daly. What a joke (a very unfunny one).

November 24, 2009 at 3:46 am
(5) stacey says:

Craig is NOT funny, he’s annoying. The best is a toss up between Kimmel and Conan.

December 11, 2009 at 12:56 pm
(6) chelo says:

craig ferguson for sure!!!!!

May 14, 2010 at 11:39 pm
(7) Ryan says:

How could you say Craig is annoying? He’s the by far the best one. His jokes are always funny. And if you don’t find him funny, I just can’t see him being annoying to anyone. He’s so likable.

June 23, 2011 at 8:42 pm
(8) ryan says:

1) Jimmy Fallon
2) Conan O’Brian
3) Jimmy Kimmel
4) Jon Stewart and the other ones aren’t funny

October 5, 2012 at 11:31 am
(9) Alan says:

Conan O’Brien is the best. Self deprecating wit, very comical body language, all backed by one of the sharpest intellects around.

Craig is funny but annoying as someone else mentioned and I hate the robot sidekick Jeff – weird expression and cold.

Fallon and Kimmel are good but neither look the part, Letterman is a bit past his prime.

Leno always takes the safe route and while the jokes are great I don’t really dig his show all that much.